What goes through my head

28.10.08

Antsy

I am antsy, I am stuck here in the health center, I want to eat, but I am not hungry, that is part of why I have put on so much weight making me feel disgusting. I get to come home in a week and half, I am so excited and can't wait,I am looking forward to having friends to hang out with, working a job that is active and involves interacting with people, and making some money again, but there is so much that I need to do before that, get my oil changed, make sure things are in order with the health center before I go, I need to find a nurse for the week in Dec, that I won't be here for, I don't trust the girl that will be in charge, but I don't know how to say that, she does things half-assed all the time, she doesn't seem to care, she is here mostly to study and hang out with her friends, I feel like she doesn't take things seriously, and I have to leave her in charge, or waste my plane ticket to come back, which is another thing I have to do, cancel my ticket, ask for time off in the spring to go see my sister when she has her baby, I need to figure out what things need to be done for both the extended breaks, and write out details as well as go over it, so that I know I've done everything I could to make it clear, some how I still think it will get done right, or they won't remember where they put things, which will really suck when I come back in Jan. yeah I have to come back, things will be better, they already are. I am making more of an effort with people and so are they, I am also working on a recycling program for the camp, and have opportunities to work around others, instead of in a room by myself, and I am going to find other work to do around the camp on the weekends to keep me busy then. I have been babysitting which has been good, it is something else to do. I know that I really have lots of things to do to keep me busy but I really don't want to do any of them, and some of them, I can't really do while I am sitting here. I no boring and nothing really important to say, but I just needed to get it all off my chest.

Ok something cool just happened. It is recreation time which means most of the kids are in the pool. Suddenly I hear everyone chanting "Josh-u-a" "Josh-u-a" "Josh-u-a" from the pool area, so I step outside so I can see what is going on. Joshua is autistic, and he is standing on the high dive, all of his class mates are cheering him on to jump off the high dive, everyone is watching, counselors, everyone, and then he jumped, I walked away with a huge smile on my face, it made me happy and remember what is really important, after everything I just said above, what a great reality check. Tonight is campfire, that is always a good time, and roast beef for dinner, (which I like, but everything gets old when you literally have eaten it for 7 weeks straight, but hey its free food, which makes it okay.

No comments:

Blog Archive