What goes through my head

6.10.08

Perfect Sunday


I went to church, it was the first time in a long time. It was actually nice, it was a new church, I am thinking of joining a small group even, which is weird, I would never think about that on the first Sunday I attend a church. I actually felt hopeful about things again, I don't know I was so busy and so wrapped up in getting my credit card paid off, that I lost sight of everything else. The goal was to pay off my cards, but I really messed myself up in the process, but I was hopeful, and had lots of ideas about the future, it was a nice feeling. After church, I went on an adventure, I decided to go check out another city, Capitola, it is not far from Santa Cruz. When I got there I immediately decided that it is my new favorite place here. The downtown area reminds of what I think Italy or France would look like. There is a canal that runs into the ocean, a beach that is not too crowded, and the canal, ocean front is lined with tons of little restaurants and bars, that you can sit outside and enjoy the view. I sat on a bench for several hours, enjoying the view, chatting on my phone to friends back home. Then I had to go feed my parking meter some more money, on my back to "the perfect spot" I was almost ran over by a bunch of bikers showing off, they went around the conner, I kept walking, and next thing I know there are about 6 camera men jumping out of big vans, running around, taping the biker guys, I stood there for a minute baffled, then decided that if I didn't want to be a movie star I needed to get out of there. I found a great little bar & grill, where I sat outside, taking it all in, enjoying a great burger & fries. When I had finished I realized that I was pretty sunburned, so I walked around for a little while then I headed home. Later that evening I went to a great coffee shop to see a friend play in his band. They are awesome,it is a great mix of several different kinds of music, I have never heard anything like it, but I LOVED IT!!!! Anyways that was my perfect Sunday. The 3rd week of camp, just began today, it is a pretty small group, they have adult counselors which helps, so far so good. Lots of allergies, bees and nuts, the most I have seen in my three weeks of experience. Anyways that is all for now. Gosh I have been blogging a lot more, partly because I feel like I actually have something to blog about, and I actually have time to blog. I also wrote in my journal yesterday, it was kinda nice to actually write again, it is amazing how dependent I have become on my computer, right now it feels like my life line, sad, but true.

No comments:

Blog Archive