What goes through my head

3.3.08

Remembering Inspiration

A couple of my super good friends, whom I love and respect have recently left to begin a life overseas, living out their dreams. Several years ago, I was a part of the beginning of the dream. The organization we worked for took some time to seek new direction. I can remember sitting in that room, a group of 6, seeking God for direction, it was so clear, North Africa. There were two guys, and myself that felt a very strong pull towards, going there long term. Both of the guys have made several sort term trips there, and now one picked up a wife and they are going there for long-term. I was talking to a friend about all of this, and it made me think, where did I go wrong? I was with them, I had just as much passion, and now I am on a completely different path than them, I gave up, there were too many things against me and I just didn’t have the strength to fight, so I gave up, and now I am dissatisfied with life. I don’t know it just made me think, and kind of gave me hope that someday, I can get there too. They kept fighting the good fight and things came together for them, their dreams are coming true, which is amazing and gave me hope that it can happen for me too.

A side note, I have been wanting to write more lately, which is good, because it used to be something that I loved, that I did all the time and then I just stopped, but it is coming back. I am making better choices, for the most part, and I am being productive today, and it is not even sunny out. It is unusual for me to be this productive when it isn’t sunny out. I have that depression when you don’t see the sun, which sucks when you live in Oregon. It is weird I can totally tell a difference when it is sunny out, I don’t have force myself into a good mood. The big thing I need to do right now, is my taxes, and for whatever reason I don’t want to do them. I hope I get money back, but there is that chance that I will have to pay and that sucks, but if I get money back, I could really use it right now. Its funny, the less I have to do, the less I get done, I more I have to do, the busier I am, the more I seem to get done, doesn’t that seem ass backwards? Anyways that is all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, hows it going?

I was listening to a sermon a couple of weeks ago and just could not stop thinking of you. It kinda relates to this post, but its really up to you to take it or leave it.

http://www.imagodeicommunity.com/sermon/learning-from-the-wilderness-rugged-spirituality


We should catch up some time when I'm in Salem or you're in Portland.

Blog Archive